Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gifts, puppies, and piles

Well, Sami and I got to use our respective gifts on Friday. Sami was a wonder in getting things organized and working with the vet to get the clinic organized the way the vet wanted things. This vet, Tomaso, really is quite dedicated and wants only the best for Scooby. We were actually discussing plans (you know, if wishes were horses...) for what Scooby could become and we were all getting quite excited about it! I tried to do my best to speed up the Scooby computers and add some programs to help out the organization. I will try to do that again today with the other computers in the office.

I can´t call it a gift, but Sami and I could have second jobs as puppy wranglers. They were very cute, but we were asked to watch over them while a sick dog was being cared for. Those puppies seemed to have two favorite games....´keep away´ or ´nip the human´. I think my final count was 831 of the amount of time I was saying ´viene aqui puppalitos´(okay that last part was not Spanish, but sounded cute) to the 5 puppies as they tore down a hallway they were not supposed to, or they tried to get into paddocks they weren´t supposed to, or they tried to get into the container of food, or they just were everywhere else. It confirmed my idea of puppies...I love them, but will never have one. Give me them when they are older and I am happy. Both Sami and I were wiped out by these 5 rascals, but were also rejeuvenated by the one old mom dog there who just would amble over and want to be pet. I need to virtually sponsor that boxer dog as she was the most patient thing I have ever experienced. She would almost amble over to me to say, ¨Yes, these 5 are pains in the rump, but it´s okay, now just pet me¨. It was wonderful.

Well, ´our´four dogs were told by Sami and I that they won´t believe the lives they are going to have. We found three wary and one friendly, but believe that they will come around well when we get them to America and they learn what belly rubs and treats and non'stop attention is like. Whoever gets to adopt out these pups will be quite lucky...they are wonderful. And yes, I had a fleeting moment of wondering if one more dog bed could be made for Moro.

Well, I promise more pictures when I am not collapsed in a heap after a jaunt around town after the puppy antics. We have a ton of them to upload and hope to get them soon.

Off to wrangle puppies, galgos, and a burro!

No comments:

Post a Comment