Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here we go!

Well, it is Tuesday, January 13th, and Sami and I will be leaving from JFK Airport this evening for our adventure in Spain. I am already missing my trio and I am sure Sami is missing Gypsy, even though we are still in America!

Packing the crates last night was an adventure, as I had to buy longer zip ties, figure out how to get them in my SUV, and work out the logistics with Sami as to how the heck we were going to unload them from my car so I can get to Long Term Parking. We think we have it handled.

We have all the confirmations from Scooby that they know we are coming, though they still don't exactly know who is coming to pick us up. I wonder how you say, 'hitchhike' in Spanish? (that's Sami's department, though I am listening to Spanish lessons the flight over!)

I ask anyone reading this to keep Sami and I in their thoughts and please keep Brando, Nayo, Valentina, and Gypsy in your thoughts as well, as their dad and mom, respectively, are going to miss the stuffing out of them and worry about them the whole time.

Here we go!

3 comments:

  1. Hi I have coats and stuff that I would like to donate to the project and I am in Virginia. Do you know where I should mail them to?
    Also please let me know what you need most.

    PS. I saw the picture of the "skin and bones" Mom and her pups. Wonder if her situation is better now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annoying Koala, I am in Virginia. I am also the volunteer and virtual adoption coordinator for Scooby. Please contact me at diane@scoobymedina.com. I am leaving for Spain on Feb 5th and would be happy to take your stuff to Spain with me.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Koala --

    Unfortunately Skin and Bones Mom is still skin and bones, but it is not for lack of trying. She is fed, warm, befriended, and getting plenty of attention. She very happily came to greet us, turned away, and took a dump about 15 feet away from us, and happily trotted away. Later she allowed us to come pet her again. Mike

    ReplyDelete