Saturday, November 22, 2008

1 MORE DAY!!

Well, kinda. It is 3am Saturday morning so I guess technically I have no more days left since I leave in 8 hours. YIKES! Good news is I am all packed. One bag for me, one for the galgos and one empty carry-on for my overflow. I anticipate being over 50# on both bags so I will cram stuff in my carry-on to make it all work. And I have to say, I am very proud I didn't even have to sit on either suitcase to zip 'em shut :) What a relief! I can honestly say I am totally excited now! I was able to pack all the donations with the exception of a few coats. They were made for big boys 38"x36"! Those will go on my next trip or with somebody else that has a little extra room.

I rushed home after work to spend as much time with Anthony as I could. Frank surprised me with a going away pizza party?! He knew I wasn't cooking tonight so we both took the easy way out. I savored every bite and enjoyed every sip and Anthony indulged too! He had his first slice tonight--- and he LOVED it! Even the girls got pizza bones (aka pizza crust)! After a teary goodnite, I settled in to my packing.I got everything done I wanted to accomplish and some. It took longer because I kept thinking how much I am going to miss Anthony.

We plan to hit the road to JFK by 11am. Frank needs to be back on the road for home by 2pm so he can make it down to College Park Md by 7:45pm to watch the Terps. We depart at 7:45pm and will arrive in Madrid at 9:30am Sunday morning. Then it is a 2 hour car ride to Scooby. Yes! Almost there!

The next time you see me post, I will be hundreds of miles away --- in the land of the galgos :)

Thank you again --- all of you --- for your donations and support. The galgos are truly blessed by all of us!

Nite!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. That's easy enough Steve. We all make a greyt team :)

    ReplyDelete