Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Greetings from Median del campo

Well, we made it safe and sound! Everyone is very friendly and the gal Anneke from France has been a life saver! The electric has been off and on so we had no heat for a bit as well as the wee galgo pups sitting uner the heat lamps. We were able to get a hotel for our health. We have been shoveling poo for 2 days now and will never tire of it as we are spaending all our time with the galgos and other breeds. Debbie and I experienced a dog fight our fist day and we need to get help as nothing we could do to overpsower or divert attention of the 150lb dogs tearing the little girl apart. Second day we had another fight and sad to say that old lady did not make it as we discovered first thing the next morenign....

I have chosen a beautiful personable little female galgo and am soooo excited to introduce her to the life of warmth and love.

Today is snowed all moring and then turned to cold rain, then finally stopped. We spent lots of time today fist giving coats the the needy galgos, skinny and shivering.... it is bitter cold and will only get worse.

Not so keen on the food around here but Anneke has kindly taken us to the grocery for sweets, pop, and munchies. We did have the best pizza 2 nights ago! Anneke cooked us pasta at the kennel in the kitchen and that was very tasty... and very cold wihout heat. It was a hard time trying to work dinner before it got dark and without electric!

I have 2 other glagos that i have fallen in love with ... one is a galgo black and white she was attacked and has a couple nasty wounds but is a follower around the paddock and the other is a perrigalgo... partgalgo. She is a 6 month old sheppard-galgo and is shy but will come to you in 20 minutes time. she reminds me of my heart dog Zelda but I know if I brought her home i would never part with her. I hope that in a few months I can arrange to bring her to her fureverhome afert my foster gets adopted. I cry when I see her but it because it hurts so much I can´t bring her home.... if was meant to be she will be there when the time is right to ship home to NJ.

I have taken tons of pictures but do not see a place to load them from the internet cafe.... I am so sorry. I wish you all could see the galgos hearts as we are now here.

Ouyr day starts about 8 and ends about 5 depends on how fast one can work. There are no vets or technicians here so all colunteering is done as manual labor outside. It has been fun trying to speak to the locals but the best is just loving on the glagos, telling them in plain old english that they are safe and this cold winter too shall pass. And hopefully find a warm home soon.... this is the most gratifying thing I have ever done and will soon be back.

ON that note I must close as we are stinky, cold and ready for a beverage to talk about our days happenings. I hope to be back one more time before we arrive at jfk but if not, thank you again for your support on behalf of the galgos and me.

Love and Licks,
Julie and _________ the foster.

PS Paula, we are looking after Raspa gal till she reaches you at JFK ... bautiful gal and will leave paw prints in your heart for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment