Thursday, November 20, 2008

2 MORE DAYS!

Oh my .... I got butterflies typing 2 MORE DAYS! Is about 9:15pm and I am past ready for bed and dinner but here goes...

Today went really well. Pretty glitch free in the office (lunch was rushed and crappy-note to self monte cristo is soggy)and I collected yet more money! To top it off, I squeezed in 2 green bottle at happy hour and our sweet bartender Kim donated to help the galgos also! Beer and donations - I could get used to this ;-)

Frank picked-up Anthony from daycare and took him the the HS football awards dinner. Needless to say he was the hit of the evening. Anthony, not Frank that is. By the time I got home Anthony was in bed. I feel very guilty I didn't get to hang with him tonight but I vow to savor every moment with him after work tomorrow. I am soooo going to miss my little 'Tank'.

On the way home I stopped at the store and picked-up a very warm parka and a pair of fake me out Uggs. And I have to say, I like the looks of them 10x better than the real Uggs. I wanted ear muffs too but I just called my mom and I'm getting some loaners. Geez... I hope they don't blow off my head in to a pile of dog poo!

As for shopping for personal items I think I'm all done. Between Debbie and I we should have it all covered. If not, Anneke, the gal from France that will be volunteering the same days as us, I'm sure will share :)We can't wait to meet her. She has raised over 600 euros and has a line dancing fund-raiser tomorrow night!

The mail man must think we are made of money because I had another fed-ex and priority box of donations! Or he is confused because the return address isn't E-bay :)

For the record, I've made no progress packing, everything is still everywhere and tonight I'm going to turn my cheek again to the mess. I can't do it, I'm just hungry and tired...and I think I just heard the microwave ding. My lean cuisine must be done .

Nite!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jul,
    48 hours from now you'll be winging your way to Spain. Remember to give all those sweet pups extra love from all of us back home. I'll be thinking about you. Have a very safe and rewarding trip. We're all so proud of what you're doing. God Speed.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete